May Your Christmas be CRACKERS!!!
We Brits have some strange traditions, one is pulling Christmas Crackers, sitting around the table with funny paper hats , enthusiastically reading the awful jokes and delighting in the “rubbish” gifts that are to be found in the Christmas Crackers.
and OH ! those jokes are really soooooo bad
From the Sun article on this years worst Christmas Cracker jokes
Top 10 Worst Cracker Jokes
1. What is Santa’s favourite pizza? One that’s deep pan, crisp and even.
( think about it ( Good King Wencelas and deep and crisp and even) GROANNNNNNNN
2. On which side do chickens have the most feathers? The outside.
3. What kind of paper likes music? (W)rapping paper.
4. What’s white and goes up? A confused snowflake.
5. What do you call a woman who stands between two goal posts? Annette.
6. Did you hear about the man who bought a paper shop? It blew away.
7. What’s furry and minty? A polo bear.
8. How do snowmen get around? They ride an icicle.
9. Who hides in the bakery at Christmas? A mince spy.
10. What do you call a penguin in the Sahara desert? Lost.
Note: some of these are defintely on the “English” spin and understood by the Brits not “all ” the Americans will get these but you get the idea. They are just awful!
So there we sit in this household eating our Christmas dinner – the crackers ( in this house) are pulled between the main course and the Christmas pudding whilst I am heating the brandy to pour over the pudding to set it alight
the rest of the family are literally going crackers. It is great fun ( even if they all moan to begin with – my sophisticated lot really love the silly hats , rubbish gifts and groaning.
In June for my son’s rehersal dinner I had special “wedding crackers” made to lighten the mood along with all the elegance and as you can see the majority were wearing their paper hats, had pulled their crackers and read their jokes- of course the paper hats had to be colour co-ordinated :)
So for those of you who are celebrating anything at this time of year – HAPPY CRACKERS!!!!
Ed note: During this holdiay season there will be no scheduled blog posts – they will appear when time permits.