The Cowboys of Lorain- (PT. 6) thoughts from the corral – drive-by and fix
My icon house sits and reminds me of the “process” nearly 40 years of watching the inadequacy of the PROCESS that is the City of Lorain, the Building Department and Inspectors rights as per the property Maintenance Code of Lorain-
Property Maintenance Lorain ( seems to be an oxymoron). You would think I should have realized, after the decades of watching, the Process is PHUTT!!!!! The guys in the white hats have no ammunition
My conclusions after reviewing the answers ON THE INFAMOUS PROCESS is as following:
1. To have work inspected on this glut of poor housing – we are dependent upon the honesty and integrity of people who allow this:
2. We are dependant upon side walk inspections or having a kindly neighbor let us have a look from their property- Some of the Neighbors 😉
3. We are a drive- by community in more ways than one.
4. The cry of we need more inspectors( under the current system ) is as laughable as the restrictions under which they have to “inspect”.
5. To inspect property in this way may “pretty up” the outside to a standard that is lacking but “fixed”???? as per the fix after the latest drive by of the historic property on our main thoroughfare owned by
CHRULSKI LAWRENCE J and HARRIET ANN
2910 SHADYLAKE DR VERMILION, OH 44089 –
This former home of another of Lorain’s Mayors was inspected by the drive by inspectors ( presumably ) and it was fixed to the minimum of standards – YOU BE THE JUDGE!!! If you ask for the minimum that is what you get!
You can powder and paint an old whore but the insides are still rotten – and it is those rotten insides that cause the health and safety issues for those that dwell within these homes. It is dangerous but hey! we have gutters at least !
Like many of you who are not in the “Business of Rental” I thought we had some accountability , a system in place to hold those that do this to properties to a higher standard. I was wrong….
The current “way forward” is laughable at best and killing this community at worst.
To Be Continued….
Entry filed under: a Cow -elle opinion, Brit take, Charleston Village, city of lorain, hell is other people, Legal, Lorain Multi Property Owners, notorious opponents of exactitude. Tags: Charleston Village, City of Lorain, demo men, disgraceful, Landlords the big business, local politics, Lorain, property maintenance code, real-estate, waste not want not.